31 December 2016
What I did in 2016:
- Created BCDevExBot twitter bot
- Contributed to mozilla web qa bot
- Helped my Dad with his wordpress website (http://cowichanbowmen.com/)
- Volunteered at a Ladies Learning Code Wordpress workshop
- Played around with Hubot and made two small plugins:
- Worked on problems on hackerrank
- Wrote a blog entry each month
- I coded!
- My python knowledge has improved.
- I contributed a small amount to open source.
- My command line skills have improved.
- I did not have a focus. I split my time among coffee script (hubot), wordpress and python.
- The time spent on hacker rank distracted me from doing another project.
- Nothing gets done in December. It is all illness and family functions.
What I can do to improve in 2017:
- Focus on projects. Come up with a plan on what I want to work on and stick to it.
- Pick a language to focus on.
Happy New Year!